Sunday, October 31, 2010

Notifications are not part of my domain

At one of the geocaching events I attended this summer, someone asked me if I intentionally send email and mobile notifications about newly published geocaches to certain people first. The implication was that I keep a "friends" list and those who are on it get first dibs at being FTF for new caches. I assured the questioner that not only do I NOT give first notice to a list of friends, I have no control at all over email and mobile notifications. That's all up to the inner workings of the geocaching.com website, once you set your account to receive notifications. I was glad this person asked the question. It made me think they might have been holding a grudge against me for quite some time. Well, for all I know, maybe they still do. :o)

2 comments:

Erika Jean said...

Lol. That's kind of funny how people assume that! I think a lot of times people don't realize that if someone gets the notification on their phone, and they are already out and about - they are most likely going to get there first. I think it happens more and more as people upgrade to droid and iphone...

Chad said...

That really is funny. Like you even have time for that.

Schnider