Monday, May 02, 2011

Website update coming Wednesday

Get ready for a new look and experience on Geocaching.com beginning this Wednesday, May 4. Geocaching.com will go offline for four to six hours on the 4th beginning approximately 8 a.m. Central time. Lackeys will be upgrading the database server to improve site performance. Groundspeak will also be releasing the latest website update, which includes a sleek new design and interface for the homepage. Here's a video sneak peak of what to expect.

2 comments:

Tape worm said...

It's kind of weird to me at the moment. Almost like I'm stumbling threw the website cause it's all changed. I like most of it, but the one thing I dislike about this update is the new width of pages. Mainly the width of the cache write up page, I haven't been to all my listings yet, but kind of worried now I may have some jpeg that I linked to via html that may be too wide now.

Just seems like there is a lot of wasted space on each side. Other than that I think it's got a clean look to it. :)

Erika Jean said...

While this is a "new" and more "sleek" design, It has not made anything more user friendly. It just jumbled things up a bit in my opinion and for as big of a deal they were making out of it - I was expecting a LOT more. I also have a love hate relationship with the new maps...