Sunday, December 16, 2007

Wrist camera - GoProCamera

A couple of months ago I saw an ad in Sea Kayaker magazine for a small waterproof camera call the GoPro Digital Hero 3. It looked like it would be great for all sorts of outdoor activities, so I did some online research including checking out the company's Web site. I ended up purchasing the Digital Hero 3 and so far I have used it for kayaking, scuba diving and yesterday for geocaching in the snow (see video below). It's a great little camera that shoots both still photos and digital video. Recently I sent some video footage that I shot on our latest scuba dive trip to GoProCamera. This morning I discovered that they are featuring my footage on their home page. How cool is that?

Edit: Jan. 4: It looks like GoProCamera has replaced my video with someone else's, but you can still view mine here.

6 comments:

Gamsci said...

That is cool! I've been looking for a camera like this, I'm going to have to check it out!

tonka_boy said...

Nice little camera. Incredible underwater shots on the GoPro website. But I didn't know you guys had barracuda in Iowa...

bumanfam said...

Impressive shots - underwater for under $140? Pretty cool!

Iowa Tom said...

Congratulations for your video appearance on GoProCamera. Nice!

Roleigh Martin said...

Hi, as a backpacker, I do not want to carry the wrist band. Can you separate the goprocamera digital hero 3 from the wrist band and only use it with the plastic case?

If so, what is the weight in ounces of the goprocamera digital hero 3 without the plastic case and what is the weight of the plastic case? Please provide weight of the camera with a SD card loaded and with batteries (how many of what type batteries are needed).

Roleigh Martin
Edina MN

IowaAdmin said...

Roleigh, yes you can remove the camera from the wrist strap. However, it's easier to leave the plastic housing connected to the wrist strap and simply open the housing to remove the camera. I can't tell you the weights of the various parts. You may want to contact the manufacturer or a dealer for that information.